||Clear to off white liquid
|Sp. Gravity at 30°C
||1.9056 (Oleum 23 %)
- Fumes strongly in moist air
- Attack many metals with liberation of hydrogen, which is inflammable and forms explosive mixture, Hygroscopic in nature, Oxidizing agent.
- Oxidizing agent
- Highly hygroscopic
|Iron (as Fe)
|Residue on ignition
|Chloride (as Cl)
DANGERS AND PRECAUTIONS FOR HANDLING PRODUCT
- Toxic by ingestion
- Causes severe damage to eyes, Skin & air passage
- Reaction with moist air produces mist, which has severe irritant effect on eyes, skin & air passage.
- Store the material in SS & MS tank. Avoid contact with moisture.
- Fire risk in contact with organic substances